Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To the Bravest Lady I Know

Dear Cheryl,
Yesterday you finally rested. I know it is selfish of us to want you to stay, because you were so very tired. I watched you in the various stages of your battle and never did I see you let up. You fought harder than I have ever fought for anything in my life, of course, I have never faced cancer armed with nothing but determination. There are so many things I wanted to say but didn't know how. Still don't. I have many regrets. I'm sorry I didn't have the courage to be there for you, and I'm sorry that on the last day we saw each other I didn't have the courage to say what was in my heart. Perhaps wherever you are, you can forgive me.
I hope heaven gave you a motercycle, although, I'm sure if they didn't Al will have one waiting. I hope that you are young and that you don't remember your struggle. I hope you know how much you will be missed and remembered. I choose to remember you as you were on that day in November with your eyes flashing and your face smiling. I hope that someday I have your courage.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...