Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Top 10 Things to do with Nine Dollars and Thirty-Two Cents

After paying the bills, the never ending cycle of credit card debt, and paying for gas, this is my total disposable income for the week.

Top 10 Things To Do With $9.32

10. Invest in an RRSP. My retirement calculator says if I invest today, in 40 years I will have $93.78. I can retire for a whole day!

9. Buy a new pair of socks. Everyone loves socks.

8. Give in to temptation and try out the new cake and shake milkshake from Tim Hortons (stone cold creamery.. now you can buy coffee AND ice cream at Timmies... isn't Canada lovely?). It's reported to be the highest calorie milkshake ever (1680 calories and 88 grams of fat... which works out to be 135% of the daily recommended value. But who needs statistics anyway? Certainly not my butt or upper thighs.... which is where the ice cream will end up).

7. Put it on the credit card and save $.08 in interest this month. Then I will have $9.40 cents of disposable income next week!

6. Buy a lottery ticket and hope I win enough to complete the magical list of things I'd do if I was a millionaire found here.

5. Borrow $0.68 cents from hubby and buy a new Wii game from Wii Share.

4. Buy the new lipstick that I've been eyeing for months and will probably never wear.

3. Send it to United Way. They can put it with the rest of their money and maybe buy a pencil or some staples.

2. Put it away for that trip to Australia that will probably never happen.

1. Change it in to pennies so that it looks like I have lots of money, throw it up in the air and dance around shouting, "I'm rich, I'm rich". Which is the cheapest form of entertainment I can think of.

5 comments:

savage.spheniscus said...

Do you have mario kart wii? I hear there's some way we can play together?! Since I also sold out and bought a wii. Well technically I fleeced some 11 year old on kijiji...

Jewels said...

I do have Mario Kart. I've never used the multiplayer option, but I bet it's fun!

I have no idea how though. I'll have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Buy the socks!

Heather said...

Save half of it to come and see me (at least your accommodation will be free) and spend the rest on a gorgeous flower to sit on your desk. Who needs disposable income anyway, use it or lose it.

Jewels said...

Gaston - I know right?

Heather - if I saved that much for the next 30 years I'd have enough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...