Monday, January 02, 2012

Definitely A Kitchen Aid

When hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, I promptly answered - with no hesitation - A Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Hubby: Really?
Me: Yes. Really.
Hubby: Is this some sort of trick?
Me: No... why would it be a trick?
Hubby: You mean, when you open it and it's not a puppy or a video game you're not going to be disappointed?
Me: Absolutely not! Do you have any idea how much easier this is going to make my life?
Hubby: Ya. Right. 10 bucks says you use it once and then it sits there collecting dust for the next 25 years.
Me: Doubtful.
I don't think my case was very convincing, however, as weeks went by and hubby noticed me leaving out fliers displaying my coveted mixer, I believe he finally considered buying me one. And low and behold, on xmas morning, I opened a tiny box that looked like this ----->
I thought at first that it was a cruel joke (hubby's intention), but quickly came to the realization that he was simply too lazy to wrap the huge heavy box and so cut out the picture from the flier and wrapped it in one of my crafting boxes, (the contents of which he dumped out on the shelf). I am proud of him for excersizing his creativity to such an extent. It always amazes me when he does so... that and the enourmous amount of effort he will expend by picking up a sock with his toes to avoid having to bend over. It really is incredible. But I digress.
Here is my treasure ---->

Isn't it lovely? So far I've made mashed potatoes, 2 loaves of banana bread, biscuits, chocolate cake with butter cream frosting. YUM. It makes everything much easier and faster. If you don't own one, you should.

5 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Ooh, that is a beauty! Hobby came through this year, but sounds like he's getting the better deal if you're doing all of that cooking ;)

imbeingheldhostage said...

*hubby* sorry. You knew what I meant though, right?

rhymeswithplague said...

Mrs. RWP has wanted a Kitchen-Aid forever. But they are so expensive and we are on a fixed income now....

Carolina said...

Mr. Brinkbeest has wanted a Kitchen-Aid forever too. In fact, we were in one of those shops that sell them just this afternoon and he drooled over one again, so I promised I would give him a Kitchen-Aid for his birthday and which colour would he like? But then he said he didn't want one. Tssss. Men!

I'm so proud of you! You're turning out to be a real cook. Is that what you've been doing all this time you weren't here? Training hubby and cooking? In which case you're forgiven ;-)

I'm now off to see if I missed more of your posts ;-)

Jewels said...

RWP - they had crazy sales here at xmas (over 50% off) and that's the only reason I got one. My mum did get a reasonably good deal on the shopping network - Kitchen Aid is on there every once in a while.

Carolina - Yep. I was a hopeless cook and had to learn even the basics. I'm still learning. I can sooo sympathize with undecisive hubby's. You've given me an idea for my blog post tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...