Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is in the air!

The frogs were out last night for the first time, which means the ground has finally thawed enough for them to crawl out of the mud! The temps here are finally crawling back up towards the 10 degree mark, which seems like heaven compared to a few weeks ago. I was considering taking my snow brush out of the car and putting it away, but didn't want to tempt the gods of fate. Enevitably, every year I put it away, snow comes immediately after. I have put my winter coat away though, which makes me happy.

We are setting off model rockets in the park this Saturday, I'm excited to see how it goes. Although, I'm not sure about the principles of teaching children the joys of lighting things on fire, I'm sure Step-Son will enjoy it anyway. I'm sure hubby definitely will. He likes fire.

3 comments:

Jinksy said...

Hope the weather stays fine for you - and the frogs! Hope all bugs are on the way out for you and yours...

Jerry K said...

In California, we have our own version of tempting the gods of fate this time of year: Wash your car, and it's guaranteed to rain soon thereafter.

http://funwithchickens.blogspot.com/

Carolina said...

All boys like fire. It probably is a left-over from the stone age or something. God, you have Brad Pitt in your commentslist there. I mean, he may go by the name of Jerry K., but I'm sure that's Brad. Hi Brad! (oops, sorry, exclamation mark slipped out, I'm catching up on your posts, reading the last one first)
Be careful with the rockets please. My imagination is running wild with all things that can go wrong. Lots of funny things happening in my mind now. Hehe.

Hugs xx and a very nice weekend, hope you feel better ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...