Thursday, March 05, 2009

Escape



I am feeling slightly overwhelmed today, and needed an escape. This is a view from the cottage we rented last summer on Crowe Lake in Marmora Ontario. Having grown up in cottage country, I miss it terribly. Especially with the coming of spring.

My mother lives just down the road from this cottage. My summers as a child were filled with days of swimming, rock-climbing, and jumping out of haylofts into piles of golden, yellow straw. Falling asleep to the sound of the crickets chirping, and the frogs singing. As children we would make up adventure stories about buried treasure at the bottom of the river and spend all day searching for it. The most I ever found was a nickel and an old shoe.

I don't know if we'll be able to get back up North this summer, but I shall certainly dream about it. Where there's a will there's a way.

3 comments:

Dughallmor Beagles said...

*sigh*

Looks so peaceful and beautiful....hope you manage to escape soon!

Carolina said...

Oh that looks just lovely. Keep it cool my dear. It's almost weekend, relax, take a long walk somewhere in nature and hopefully you'll feel better soon. Good luck!
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you're OK... I enjoyed your little 'escape' there, love the way you tell a story and bring it to life!

{{{Hugs}}}

Mis xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...