Monday, February 09, 2009

Domestically Challenged

Well. I tried to bake yesterday. Notice that 'tried' is in itallics. It wasn't even that complicated really... pour mix in bowl.. add water... evenly distribute into 3 loaf pans of such and such a size... then bake. It was Angel Food Cake... or it was supposed to be angel food cake. I happily mixed the batter, which had the consistency of whip cream, and poured it confidently into the pans and put them in the oven. What came out of the oven was angel food cake on steroids. I would post a picture but the entire cake wouldn't fit in the lens (ok... it would have, I was just to mortified to show anyone). They exploded over top of the pans and looked like chef hats, with pleasingly browned tops. I couldn't get them out of the pans... what emerged by the time I was finished was a mishapen lump that resembled an overcooked, supersized marshmellow. It was suprisingly tasty. Next time I will get the bunt cake pan that you're supposed to use. So much for my experiments in being suzy homemaker. I'm supposed to cook a birthday cake for Austin's 8th birthday on Friday. Vanilla with vanilla icing. I think I'll just buy one.

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, yours is nice too! I bet the next cake turns out great!

Jewels said...

You're welcome Greg, thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...